Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Alphabet Preschool Lessons

I did something like this  years ago with Ryan - I think those posts are under "letters" if you click that label. Some of the activities are the same, many are not.

I got these ideas from Pinterest using these blogs.

I am all about making things simple with what I have on hand, with books and things, as much as I can.

I am not super organized and only plan a week or two a head. some letters we do lots of things some we only do a little it just depends on the day, and activities I think will be fun.

We ALWAYS start each week singing chick a chick boom boom and then I tell him the new letter for the week. I show him both upper and lower case, and as we read book I have him look for both letters.

When writing I encourage lower case more then upper since it us used more.

I also introduce all sounds letters make, and as we read point out the sounds (not overly though) even if they are not at the start of a word.

the key is to have learning be fun.

Here is the blog I use a lot for ideas. 

My LETTERS I got HERE 

LDS Church related activities I got HERE 

I have noticed that far after we have learned letters he is noticing the sounds, and the names of the letters everywhere this is GREAT prep for reading.

I am not a big fan or work sheets I like books and hands on learning- although I do use a few as you will see.

I am not a "blogger" but if you have questions about any thing we did PLEASE ask aways.

No comments:

Post a Comment