Wednesday, March 12, 2014

K and Pre K activities!

My favorite kind of activities for younger kids are things I can do and make with them, and engage and really enjoy them with, BUT then they will keep enjoying it for a while, while I get things done with the older two boys. And these two activities fit that mold. 
 Kool-Aid Play-dough- there are a million recipes on Pinterest I used what ever one I had the stuff for. My kids love this, it is soft and smells really yummy and had bright colors. If you kids would eat it then I guess it would not be so good- but my kids really enjoyed it.
 Then they will play and play with it for a while :) we also use it for school activities too, you can stamp numbers, letters, spelling words, math problems into play dough we use it a lot, then it gets dried up, and we go with out for a while until we make another batch. (12/2013)

I do not remember where I got this idea, I think Pinterest too. We had been learning about chemical reactions in our Real Science for kids program, so this was lots of fun. Just take a pan of baking soda. Then I got a bunch of containers fill them with vinegar and food coloring. I put a dropper in each color and let them at it. The loved the explosions that happened. Dallin would get all excited and say look! a Chemical reaction! Ha ha When they ran out of vinegar I gave them more until it was full of to much vinegar and would not react any more. 
 They loved it! Kept them intertwined for a while with the droppers it lasted a while. Great motor skill working with the droppers. I also told them if they poured it in, the activity would be over quick and they could not to it any more so they did not want that and were good about not pouring the colors in.
 They also had fun blending the colors in the explosions. (3/2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment