Sunday, January 22, 2012

In side our schoolroom

These are not really very good pictures- but they are better then nothing. I put a lot of thought into our schoolroom and I really like it. I wanted something, clean, and cozy yet fun and inspiring too. On the walls we have our calendar, and schedule (see my page My home school style for details on that) our white board, and a clip board that I painted and added ribbons too. It holds a picture that has a saying that goes along with the Good Habit we are trying to develop it stays until we move on to the next one. This ones says I can be polite, because we were learning to develop good manners, the one we have now says " I can Obey" as we are learning about Obedience. These pictures are from an ebook that I got on line. The bookshelves I got at Aldi years ago, and painted them, and made new covers to hold the books I LOVE these book shelves they are easy for the kids to take care of. The wood chest holds many of our games and puzzles we use for school and I also painted that too. Our reading tent is made of a hoola-hoop old sheets and curtains that I cut into strips (raw edges showing) and then I topped it with some fun shapes and a monkey. I also make some throw pillows and a reading mat.
Here we have our picture study frame, and our US map and my favorite thing in my whole school room is my quote "Education is an Atmosphere a Discipline a life" by Charlotte Mason. I did this with a stencil, dark brown fabric and I glued it with LIGHTLY using Elmer's glue.
Here is our ART wall, I used light rope from JoAnn's, fabric shapes with ribbon and buttons, they are held up with sticky hooks, and then ART is above it with fabric like I did the quote. The desks are Ikea table top we make and painted the legs and chairs are Ikea too.

We keep most of our school supplies in the closet of my office in the room right next to us. But we really do use our school room every day and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blog! Loved how the school room turned out. Come help me with mine now, haha!!!

    ReplyDelete