Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Alphabet TREE!


I do Letter study with Ryan each week, sometimes we focus on a new letter, sometimes we review. It just depends on what goes along with what we are learning about in our unit study and what letters he seems to have down.

Each week we read Chick-a-Chick-a BOOM BOOM and we put a letter on the TREE (see above) this tree is in his room so he can see it through out the day. I made this with packing paper and green paper and tape. The letters I got from Confessions of a Homeschooler blog

most people have their kids learn capitals first then lowercase. I do not understand this because we really do not use Capitals much, then you have to go back and remember what capitals match what lowercase. So I teach my kids both at the same time. We have Big "A" and little "a" it may take longer- I am not really sure, but it works better in my mind. I felt with my first I was having to "detox" him from writing all CAPS all the time. My second did well with this, so I am keeping with it. It just makes sense to me.

Anyway- we read the book then put the letters on the tree, and study that letter that week.

We love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment