Friday, October 17, 2014

France

I might have gone a little over board, with France but then I get on pinterest and see what real over board people do then I feel better about myself. 
One day this week we had Crepes I love then so do the kids so we had to have them.
I have NEVER made croissants before. I really wanted to do it, but you know I do the whole healthy thing, so I found some good you tube videos and gave it a go. Even with whole wheat. The kids LOVED IT!

I figured this is a must because FOOD is ART if France!
For Aaron's project this week he created a menu for a French High end Cafe. I was inspired by his work and decided to make that the theme for the end of the week party. I did create all the signs and the Eiffel Tower I pained after tracing the image projected on the huge screen. (came with the house we are renting) We also decorated it with Monte's Art work, since we studies him this week. I happened to pick a calendar of his works new it would come in handy.

Funny Story: as we were setting things up Aaron said he was the owner, he said I was the Head Chef (so honored) Ethan Sous Chef, and Ryan the waiter. Dallin said "what about me what can I be?" I said "You can be the food critic." He looked at me with a puzzled look on his face and said "A food cricket?" HA HA HA! so I tried to explain and he was happy that meant he got to eat the food, and he got to decide if it was good or not. He took his job seriously, and made sure to eat everything.

For Dinner we started with a light French  Salad with eggs, tomatoes, bacon (I used ham) and blue cheese. with a honey Dijon mustard, with that french whole wheat bread and a cheese platter. With Brie herbed cheese, blue cheese, we also had another smoked French Cheese I can't remember the name but it was heavenly and I have never paid so much money for a little wedge of cheese but it was amazing and I am go glad the commissary carries ethnic stuff like cheese from France! 
Next course was our sea food Bisque with french bread, it was yummy.
last but not least at all was our dessert fresh fruit and then Croissants, I thought they were pretty good for a first time at making them, everyone was super happy with them, they ask for more, but I say nope. To much time, and to much butter. But oh-so good!
The other activity they wanted to do was bike rides, and races this is in honor of the largest bike race in the world that happens in France, and our kids are little obsessed with bike ridding, even little Dallin holds his own really well begged for his training wheels to come off when we moved here and learned in day how to do it. He has crashed but it has not slowed that boy down one bid.

Ethan requested we wear mustaches and when I found these at hobby lobby I knew they would be perfect. Such a wonderful bunch of handsome men.
Such a FUN night! "au revoir"
now more then ever we all want to do to France someday. For movie night the next Night we watched Ratatouille the LOVED IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment