Friday, October 3, 2014

Science - Heart, Blood, & Circulatory System

I am very limited in what I can handle in a week and I have learned I can not teach all subjects every day, or even every week, so we rotate. That is part of the amazing thing about an living education is that you remember it well, NO meaning less, needles reviews win win for everyone! 
every two or three weeks we take a week off from our Travels and for science we are studying Anatomy the boys have been asking for some time and I thought it fit well since we are studying people, around the world why not study our bodies in science. I have LOVED it and have learned a TON I never new. This week the Heart! we read books and listened to each others heart beat.
On another day we made a model showing how the heart pumps blood.


On the next day we made play bough heart models and labels the parts and they kids narrated their functions, and what they do.

Ethan at work

Aaron at work
We also learned about the blood and what it does- so fascinating! We watched THIS amazing song and sang it each day. I saw this super cool activity making a model (super big) of the blood. And I wanted to do it, but what I thought was red water beads ended up being pink, (oops) and you were suppose to use white ping pong balls but I forgot and was not making a trip to the store just for that so I used clear water beads, then purple for the hormones (not accurate size) but I wanted them to remember that the blood is a message delivery service too! water for the platelets and they remembered that the blood also takes out the garbage too.
We did this on Friday, and they narrated everything they learned about heart and blood as they played with this. Loved it.
this was one of my favorite science weeks so far, I learned a ton!

No comments:

Post a Comment