Friday, October 10, 2014

Spain

Spain was a lot of fun, we learned about Picasso and he did weird art, (well in his latter years, the more he aged the more wired it seemed to get) so we did weird art with melted crayons kids thought this was a lot of fun. 
They would hold the crayon over the cancel and then it would heat up then they would draw with it. The wax did drip and would put it out so I was always pouring out the melted wax but it was fun.
For our Spanish Fiesta we had a Tomato Fight since they have a Tomato Fight festival every year. I was not going to do this, but when we talked about what we wanted to do, they kept asking, never thinking I would say yes. But I bought cans of whole tomatoes so they could throw them at each other and it was a blast. The first Tomato Fight was in 1945 and was an accident but not it is planed every year and a big deal to read the history click HERE

The Spanish culture when it comes to food is super good taste but not great on the eye, if you want pretty food to to France. The Spanish love seafood  and we had one of the most common meals Pealla There are about a million different ways to make it but usually all have shrimp and muscles. I was nervous I have never had muscles, and I was not sure if the kids would eat it but they said they wanted to try and, and everyone liked them, but was not super excited to eat them again. Texture was just weird. But the rice mixture was super good.
Ethan for his report he did a diagram telling a story (that he wrote) about life in Spain.
Then afterwards we did Bull Fighting. This was another "must" activity planed by the boys.

For dessert we had a sweet Almond cake, called Tarta de Santiago they do not put fruit on it but I had to, because I love it that way.
It was been almost a month and the kids still talk about bull fighting and tomato flights, I think they had fun. Note: we always do the festivals Friday night when dad is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment