Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Book Review #1

Sooo since I am homeschooling, I wanted to teach the kids how to go the library and pick out books, have them think about what books they are drawn to and why.
In the past I just always pick out the books and, I will still pick out some books but I wanted to let them get more involved.

Then when we find really good books that we love we will share them, so you can enjoy them too, or so we know what books we like for later use, or when my kids are grown to share with their kids.

So, here are some books that we love.

sorry about the dark pictures. i was to lazy to get my flash :)


This book is called "One" by Kaitlyn somebody, I can't read it, but if you click on the picture I am sure you can. This is a great book, it is clean and fun. It is great for teaching, colors, feelings, and numbers 1-7. Ryan really loved this book.
Here we have Richard was a picker, by Carilyn Beck. This is a funny and gross book! I have accepted that a life with boys is a gross one, so I have just trying to enjoy the ride. Ethan could not get his "nose" out of this book! ha ha

We do a lot of potty training in this house, with Aaron and Ryan so we get fun potty books when we can, this has been a great read. It does not really teach them anything about going on the potty, but it is funny and makes the process more fun, we all loved his book. It is called Have you seen my potty? by Mary McQuizlar, again I can't read the name but you can if you click on the picture.
Our last one for this time is... Alligator Ate my Brother. Ryan LOVES this book, and was always looking at it. I think since he has a few brothers to spare he finds this book funny! it is a great story, and it encourages imagination in play, I love it!

I hope you enjoyed our book reviews!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment