Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fall Activies

are you tired of me saying it I LOVE FALL!!!

and I am happy to see that Alabama does have a pretty fall, all things considering.

We took a walk and collected fall leaves of all shapes and sized, we studied about the trees and why they turn colors. Here is a GREAT video that tell you in case you did not know.


Here is another GREAT song that teaches photosynthesis - my kids were singing this for days! (but we did watch it a few times)


anyway- we made the snack place mats with our leaves, and construction paper and contact paper. We also wrote # on the leaves (once they were done- so they are covered with contact paper) and then they rolled acorns on them and would add up the #'s that the acorns would land on. They loved this, but got frustrated that the acorn would roll off easy- next time I will put then on a cook sheet.
the boys making there snack mats
Here we did some fall Q-tip painting I saw this idea on pintrest

We did this when we were still learning about that letter F as well... for fall

No comments:

Post a Comment