Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spelling Activities & Scripture Book Marks

I got this idea from a Family Fun Magazine, you take Lego's and put letter stickers on them, I just got cheap labels and cut them, and wrote my own letters. I also got a lot of 500 legos on ebay for about $30 bucks way cheaper then the store, if you are in need of some. (by the way only about a quarter of them are show in this picture. I also got an ebook on ebay from a store that has all types of patters and things you can build with these kinds of blocks they are great brain exercises for young kids. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the link
Ryan will do play-dough shapes while Aaron does letters and words, and Ethan does spelling words. Great hands on stuff!
We also got these things called Bend-a-Roos. They are wax covered string that you can bend and shape over and over again. Aaron uses then for letters, numbers words and dot to dot pages. I got an ebook from that same ebay store full of idea and pictures for the kids to use with bend-a-roos. I just keep them in sheet protectors so they are easy to have on hand. I like these because they do not make a sticky mess, but the kids can still build and create with them too. Ethan like to do spelling words with these. You can get them at toys r us, but I got my set of 700 at an ebay store for around $13 bucks and from what I found that was a good deal. If you want to know where as always comment and I can send you the link.
Here the boys are playing a game, we did a shape scavenger hunt, Ethan found 3d shapes, Aaron plain shaped and Ryan geo-shapes. Then we blind folded and had to describe the shaped. Using lines, edges and vertices etc. I got the list of fun already make scavenger hunts from an ebook I got at a ebay store. As always let me know and I can send you that link.
Here we made those bookmarks, I will post the link here at some point, if you want the document and I have not gotten around to it. Then comment and I will email it.

hope you like that activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment