Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Homeschool Games- Reading and Math

Here are a couple Home School Games that I have done with the boys, they seem to really like them, they are fun because you can do them over and over again, just change the words or math problems.

Word Game-

For this Game I made a pile of things (that I had flash cards that match two, or you can make your own flash cards)

Then I would flip a card over for each boy, and they would read the word then run to get the object and put it my the card that matched it.

They really got into this and had tons of fun.

Math Game-

This game is very simular to the one above but it uses math instead.

I would flip a number card (for Aaron) and a Math problem for Ethan (for example 2 + 2=) and they would run to get that number of object like, blocks books or balls etc.

Aaron would get the number of objects that matched Ethan would get the answer to the math problem.

These games got them up and moving and they really liked them.

Originaly done 8-6-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment